As your employer, Carestaff has a legal obligation to ensure that our nurses comply with current legislation to guarantee the safety of patients/residents/clients in their care.
As independent practitioners part of your professional accountability and responsibility is to maintain your current Annual Mandatory Training and provide a valid copy of each certificate to us, which must be kept on file within the Carestaff office.
As a Carestaff employee you are required to supply a copy of your Mandatory Training certificates annually.
· Basic Life Support/ACLS, as appropriate
· Manual Handling
· Infection Control
· Fire Safety and Emergency Management.
· Pharmacology (RN/EN only)
· Elder Abuse (Aged Care/Community ONLY)
These are 3 methods of achieving your Mandatory Training certification.
· Show proof from your current workplace
· Attend a course with an external provider
· Or via the Australian Nursing Federation (ANF), website. The modules would regularly cost $30 each for non ANF/QNU members and $7.70 each for ANF/QNU members. Carestaff, through our membership with AANRA our agency association, have negotiated special rates for modules provided by the ANF. We are able to offer you the package at a total cost of $40.
These ANF modules are thorough and relevant. You can work through them in the comfort of your own home!
If you do not have access to a computer, we can provide a computer in the Carestaff office for your use. Please ring the office to arrange this.
You will be required to send through proof of attendance via:
· Email: email@example.com
· Fax: 0755 766 377
· In person/mail: 8/99 West Burleigh Road, Burleigh Heads